More Than 20 Years Of Experience Standing Up For Minnesota Workers

How Do I File A Workers’ Compensation Claim And What Happens When I Do?

If you are hurt on the job, you should contact an attorney as soon as possible. A lawyer can be by your side through the complicated system of workers’ compensation in Minnesota or Wisconsin. How you approach your claim is important because the workers’ compensation claim must be filed properly in order for you to be eligible for the benefits. If you do not adhere to the process, you may be denied medical coverage, rehabilitation coverage, wage loss and potential vocational training. These services can make a significant impact in the wake of an accident and may be necessary for proper recovery and a successful transition back to work.

If you were injured at work, denied workers’ compensation benefits or are struggling to collect benefits that you are entitled to, call 651-371-6008 for a free consultation. We are happy to answer all your workers’ compensation questions.

Attorney Gretchen Hall has more than 20 years of experience assisting people who have been injured at work. She can help you receive the maximum benefits for your injury.

Filing A Workers’ Compensation Claim

If you suffer a workplace injury, follow the steps below to file a compensation claim:

  1. Notify your employer. If you fail to provide timely notification, you forfeit your right to workers’ compensation benefits. Once you notify your employer, they must file a First Report of Injury (FROI) form.
  2. Seek medical treatment. Tell your doctor that your injury is work-related. Provide key information about the nature of your injury and how it occurred.
  3. Contact an attorney. Speak with a lawyer who can advocate for the compensation benefits that you deserve. An experienced attorney will recognize the tricks that insurance companies use to minimize the payment of benefits for injured employees.

Schedule A Consultation With Our Assertive Attorney

Contact The Law Office of Gretchen Hall to discuss your work injury. If your workers’ comp claim was denied or if you are struggling to collect your deserved benefits, Gretchen can work on your behalf to obtain any benefits you are entitled to. Call 651-371-6008 to reach our St. Paul offices or email our firm online.